– The “Zapper” light gun add-on for the Wii-mote is announced, and it will be sold at US$20 with a light gun game included. It will be compatible with the upcoming RE: Umbrella Chronicles.
Oh boy, does this add-on looks weird. Somebody better change the design fast…
– Mario Kart Wii is announced, and slated for a 2008 release. There’s going to be a steering-wheel add on for the Wii-mote which will comes along with the game.
From what I read, the wheel was seriously made fun of. I don’t see any problem with it, I mean, how innovative can you get with it? The Zapper had a bigger problem. I’m only interested in the price of the peripheral, since you will definitely need more than one.
– Super Smash Bro Brawl is slated for a December 2007 release. WOO-HOO!!
– Trauma Center: New Blood, a sequel to the surgeon simulation game for Wii is announced. It will be released simultaneously in the US and Japan, probably in time for the holiday season.
Gotta play the 1st one before this.
– Fire Emblem for Wii is going to have a US version coming out. Since this is the sequel to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Gamecube), I better go find that game 1st.
– According to the guys at Siliconera, who were at E3 to talk to the staff at Atlus, mentioned in their gaming blog:
“For Super Robot Taisen: Original Generations on the PS2 I was told there is a slim possibility it might come out. A slim chance is still a chance. ”
At least I can take joy in knowing that they have the intent to do it. Now the next question is whether they will be able to do it.
– There might be a Advance Wars 2 coming out soon this year for NDS. Wo-ho!
– Apparantly, Nintendo is getting all the new stuff from the “Tales of” series. Tales of Innocence is going to NDS, while a sequel to Tales of Symphonia is heading to Wii. Whereas for Sony, Tales of Destiny: Director’s Cut, where there’s a mode you can play from the perspective of Leon, is heading to PS2, while a remake of Tales of Rebirth is heading to PSP.
– After SRW OGS was released a while back, Banpresto had announced a (tentatively named) SRW OG Gaiden, to be released this winter.
YES! More SRW goodness!
– Three Dragon Quest games are going to be remade for NDS, namely DQIV, DQV and DQVI. DQV had previously been remade on PS2 in 3D, while DQIV was notably remade for PSOne (though I have no idea of it).
Possibility of all three being localised for the 1st time? That will depends on whether DQIX will be localised and how much it will sell. DQVIII did sell like hot cakes, so the possibililty is there.